Alberta Solar – We’ll help you cover the cost of investing in renewable energy.
Get Started Today!
RENEWABLE ENERGY – NOW MORE AFFORDABLE.
The Residential and Commercial Solar Program offers rebates to homeowners, businesses and non-profits that install solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
Bolstered by other initiatives like the Alberta Municipal Solar Program and the On-Farm Solar PV Program, solar uptake has doubled in the province since 2015.
Albertans are keen on solar, and this program keeps the momentum going!
What will the impact be?
By 2019, the program is expected to:
- Support the creation of 900 jobs in Alberta’s solar sector
- Cut solar installation costs by up to 30 per cent for residences
- Cut solar installation costs by up to 25 per cent for businesses and non-profits
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the province by about half a million tonnes—the equivalent of taking 100,000 passenger vehicles off the road
This program is just one more example of Alberta taking the lead on energy efficiency and renewable energy, which will protect pocketbooks, make life more comfortable, create good jobs, and help diversify our economy.
Wondering how to get approval and install a solar PV system? Contact us today and we’ll get you started firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is available for customers with electricity service and properties located in Alberta that meet the following requirements:
- Interconnection approval from the Wire Service Provider (WSP) signed on or after April 15, 2017
- The solar photovoltaic (PV) system must be grid connected in accordance with Alberta’s Micro-Generation Regulation (AR27/2008)
- System must not be eligible for the Alberta Municipal Solar Program (AMSP), the Alberta Indigenous Solar Program, Growing Forward On-Farm Solar Photovoltaics Program, or any other provincial solar incentive program that may follow
- Must not have received an incentive for a solar PV system on the same parcel/property (based on site ID) under this program or another provincial solar incentive program
- Combined incentives from government programs must not exceed 100% of eligible system cost
- Must own the property or have long-term rights to the property with sufficient solar exposure
- System is designed and installed by a qualified installer (not self-installed) and system components meet the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) requirements for electrical safety, or equivalent certification to applicable Canadian standards.
- Complete Terms and Conditions will be available at program launch.
For more info: email@example.com